For a weeknight meal, make the chipotle cashew cream in advance and store refrigerated until serving.
by: a Couple Cooks
Serves: 4 (2 tacos each)
WHAT YOU NEED
- Supremely Simple Refried Black Beans
- Chipotle Cashew Cream (below)
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- ½ red bell pepper
- ½ yellow bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (1 lime)
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 8 One Degree Organicssprouted corn tortillas
- 1 large handful cilantro leaves
WHAT TO DO
- Soak the cashews; see (below).
- Make the Supremely Simple Black Beans.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the cabbage and peppers (cut off the rounded edges of the peppers so that the peppers are straight). Juice the lime. Just before serving, mix together the cabbage, peppers, lime juice, kosher salt and several grinds of black pepper in a large bowl.
- Blend the cashew cream (below).
- Warm the tortillas, or char them by placing them on grates above an open gas flame on medium heat for a few seconds per side, flipping with tongs, until they are slightly blackened and warm.
- To serve, place refried beans in a tortilla, top with cabbage and pepper slaw, cashew sauce, and some torn cilantro leaves.